Since the consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited, alcoholic beverages may be consumed on University premises only during event being sponsored or hosted by a campus individual, university-recognized group, department, or office that get approval by the University President or Provost. The event must operate within state and local laws as provided by the Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control (ABC).
It is the policy of ITU to maintain a drug-free workplace and campus. The workplace and campus are presumed to include all ITU premises where the activities of the University are conducted. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession and/or use of controlled substances, or the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of alcohol is prohibited on the ITU campus, in the workplace, or as part of any of the University’s activities
For approval of the detailed protocol on serving alcohol on campus, all of the following conditions shall prevail:
- The chair of the event and other officers or representatives of the event sponsor (21 years of age or older) who will be present throughout the event, who will refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages
- The monitoring and serving of alcohol shall be under the direct supervision of the chair of the event and other representatives of the event.
- It is the responsibility of the department to ensure that no alcohol is distributed to persons under the age of 21. Alcohol will only be served to individuals who are 21 or older with a valid, government issued photo identification.
- If there will be attendees at the event who are under the age of 21 years, the event sponsor must have a plan in place to ensure that these guests will not be served alcohol, e.g., ID cards must be shown upon entering the venue and wristbands must be distributed.
- Self-service of alcohol is not allowed in any location on the campus.
- Anyone who looks to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to exercise care for one’s own safety or that of others should not be served alcohol and the Office of Campus Operations may be notified if there are further questions or concerns.
- Event sponsor should note that they may also be held responsible for serving alcohol to persons who drive while intoxicated.
- Event sponsor are encouraged to reduce the consumption of alcohol at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled ending time of the event.
- No open containers of alcohol may be present on campus at any time. All alcohol must be served, opened, and disposed of by staff members who are over 21 years of age.
- Event sponsor must properly secure all leftover beverages
- Alcoholic beverages shall only be consumed in the approved designated area.
- Alcohol is not permitted to be served unless suitable Equally Attractive Non-Alcoholic Beverages (EANAB’s) and food shall be made available at all functions when alcoholic beverages are served.
IF IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED OR AN EMERGENCY OCCURS, INFORM OFFICE OF CAMPUS OPERATIONS AND CALL 911.
IN ORDER TO OBTAIN APPROVAL TO SERVE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON CAMPUS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND SUBMIT IT TO THE DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS OPERATIONS.