International Technological University (ITU) has established a deferred payment plan for students who qualify for tuition reimbursement from their employer. Employer Tuition Reimbursement Deferred Payment Plan (ETR) is designed for eligible students whose employers offer reimbursement for tuition charges. Students accepted into the plan may defer payment of the portion of their tuition reimbursement under their employer’s program up to six weeks after the last date of trimester. Any portion of tuition and fees not covered under an employer tuition reimbursement plan will be due upon registration.
Students may apply for the ITU Installment Payment Plan to cover any tuition and fees not included in the ETR. Please refer to our website for all installment plan information. Failure to pay or have an installment plan arrangement in place may result in a financial hold that will prohibit release of official transcript and enrollment.
Applications for the ETR have to be submitted and approved by the Department of Accounting Services each trimester. ITU has three trimesters, namely: (a) Spring Trimester from January through May, (b) Summer Trimester from May through September, and (c) Fall Trimester from September through January.
It is important to remember that the student is personally responsible for any and all financial obligations made to ITU, regardless of employment status or the length of time it will take the employer to process reimbursement. ITU does not bill a student’s employer; the student is responsible for providing employer with the reimbursement information.
In order for the employer to receive confirmation of student grades, an official transcript request must be requested. Transcript requests are submitted by completing the Official Transcript Order Form which is available on the ITU website under Forms. The transcript will be sent to the address provided on the form after the associated transcript fee is paid.
The student is responsible for the amount deferred six weeks after the end of term, whether or not the amount is to be paid by the employer. If the employer, for any reason, refuses to reimburse the student’s tuition, the student remains responsible for the full payment of all tuition and fees to ITU.
ITU reserves the right to cancel the plan, if the information provided on the application is false.
The ETR is available for students working in a company with an Employee Education Assistance/Reimbursement Plan, who have a portion, or 100% of their tuition reimbursed directly to them by their employer upon successful completion of course work.
The ETR is only applicable to ITU students who are already authorized to work legally in the U.S. Students attending ITU on an F-1 student visa are not eligible to use this plan, as their visa status requires that they show proof of ability to pay for their studies independent of any on-campus employment, Curricular Practical Training (CPT), or other work authorization. On the date of application, the student must not have an outstanding account with ITU exclusive of an installment payment plan.
Students must complete and submit all required documents during the regular registration period. Applications submitted during the late registration period will be subject to an additional late processing fee.
Maximum deferral amount allowed for the calendar year should not be greater than the annual maximum limit reimbursable by the employer.
There is no prepayment penalty.
- Visit itu.edu/financial-resources/ETR.
- Submit completed Employer Tuition Reimbursement Deferred Payment Plan Application Form and Statement of Financial Liability within ITU’s regular registration period.
- Along with the completed forms in #2, student must also provide a letter from the employer’s Human Resources department confirming current employment, a copy of the student’s employer education assistance/reimbursement plan, and check or cash to pay the non-refundable $50 ETR processing fee.
- ETR applications submitted during the late registration period (See the Calendar) will be assessed an additional late processing fee of $50.
- A new ETR application and ETR Statement of Financial Liability must be submitted each trimester.
- Submit the completed application form along with the $50 non-refundable ETR processing fee and proof of employment to ITU, Department of Accounting Services, Accounts Receivable, at 2711 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95134.