Step 1: Offer Letter (Required Items)
Sample Offer Letter
Obtain a typed, signed letter from the internship provider on the provider’s letterhead. The letter must include the following:
- Supplemental: A statement confirming that the position and duties to be performed are supplemental to the provider’s current staffing and will not replace or replicate an existing or vacant position.
- Dates: Start and end dates within the dates of the trimester. (Spring 2018: Start date cannot be earlier than 1/8/2018. End date cannot be later than 4/22/2018.)
- Title and Specific Duties: A list of the specific duties to be performed in the internship (see samples below)
- Addresses: The provider’s headquarters and the name and address of the site where the internship will take place if in a different location
- Hours: The number of hours per week the student will spend in the internship
- Goals and Objectives: A minimum of three specific goals or objectives of the internship, such as the knowledge and skills the student will gain through this opportunity that relate to the degree program.
- Pay Rate: Paid or Unpaid.
- Supervisor Name and E-mail Address: The full name and e-mail address of the person at the internship provider’s organization who will supervise the intern.
- E-verify or Employer Identification Number (EIN): The E-Verify or EIN number of the internship provider is required by the university to show that the provider is able to offer a legitimate internship.
- Signature: The signature of the person at the internship provider’s organization who will supervise the intern
- Company Letterhead: Offer letter generated on document with identifying company letterhead.
Finding An Internship