ITU has adopted the following prevention program to assist with the prevention and elimination of any pest reported to be within campus and to promote the health and safety of its community.
Pest Prevention Program
- There will be no overnight storage of foods, snacks, candies, etc. within or near a person’s workstation regardless if it is store bought and still sealed from store purchase. Exception being food that is properly stored and sealed in either:
- A glass sealable container (i.e. Rubbermaid glass container with lid)
- A plastic sealable container (i.e. Tupperware)
- Meals should not be regularly taken at one’s desk. Please use designated break room.
- Any use of silverware, glassware, or plates should be immediately washed and cleaned after use.
- Disposal of food or drink items in approved receptacles only.
- If at any time there is a sighting of any pest (insect, rodent, etc.) please contact the Operations Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at x217
Reporting Violations of the Pest Prevention Program
StudentsStudents working with ITU staff in offices must follow this policy. Witnessed violations may be reported to the campus Operations Office or the Human Resources Office. Any student, who violates ITU policy, will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with ITU policy.
Administrators, Faculty and Staff:Witnessed violations of ITU policy on the part of ITU employees or faculty may be reported to a manager, administrator, Campus Operations Manager, or Human Resources staff. The individual’s manager or the Human Resources Director will be responsible for counseling the employee, in writing, about the requirement that the employee comply with ITU policy. Any employee who thereafter violates ITU policy will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with ITU policy.