The Dr. Shu-Park Chan Academic Merit Scholarships recognize students’ academic achievements at ITU. Named after ITU’s founder, the scholarship rewards those students who excel in their studies at ITU, and show great enthusiasm, zeal and aptitude for their work, demonstrated through their grades. The Shu-Park Chan Merit Scholarship is a partial tuition remission award based upon high academic achievement and other criteria approved by the Academic Leadership Council and the Provost/VPAA.
- You must have completed at least nine (9) and no more than twenty-seven (27) credit hours credit hours at ITU after current trimester.
- You must have a 3.85 cumulative GPA or above
- One page minimum and 2 page maximum personal statement which addresses the following:
- Your qualifications for the scholarship (demonstrating leadership skills)
- Achievements (such as passing external professional examinations, current volunteer or community service, etc.)
- How can we use technology to stop global warming? Please explain. (Submit original work, no right or wrong answer.)
The final decision will be taken by the Scholarship Committee, in which all academic departments are represented. Students will be informed about the outcome of their application by the Scholarship Committee through email.
All decisions are final and at the discretion of the Dr. Shu-Park Chan Academic Merit Scholarship Committee.
- Application submission is open the first two weeks of registration only.
- The scholarship processing cycle is done once per trimester.
- Students are eligible for funding only once per academic year. If you receive a scholarship in one trimester, you cannot be considered again for a full calendar year.
- No letters of reference are accepted with the scholarship application.