Academic advisors at International Technological University (ITU) strive to provide opportunities and build quality professional guidance and academic advising to all students in order to develop a meaningful, safe and supportive learning atmosphere. We assist our students in being able to successfully transition and thrive in an academic environment, to identify, clarify and implement an academic plan for success in order to graduate and reach their academic and career goals.
We provide a safe and trusting environment with the necessary tools, strategies and resources for success. The advising/student partnership requires participation and involvement from both. The Academic Service department also services as a liaison between faculty and staff.
Students may make an appointment with an academic advisor, Monday- Friday 10 am to 5 pm (Last appointment being 4:30 pm) by doing one of the following:
Calling the Front Desk at (888) 488-4968
- Information about degree program, compliance, integrity, academic regulations and policies
- Information regarding change of program/transfer of credits
- Academic evaluation and assessment
- Provide students with preliminary graduation checklist, Petition to Graduate and Reduce Course Load (if applicable)
- Degree planning (roadmaps)
- Academic Probation
- Exit Interview questionnaire
- Liaison between students and faculty members
- Improving skills/strategies
- Time management skills
- Resources to help students be successful
- Scholarship information