Our Mission, Purpose & Outcomes
International Technological University (ITU) strives to provide superior graduate education, research and innovation in the fields of engineering, business administration, media/entertainment, interdisciplinary sciences, health and individual performance. Our mission is carried out through the two-pronged focus of globalization of our educational model and maintaining continual industrial relevance. Core to our mission are the values of community engagement and enrichment, embracing innovation, enhancing entrepreneurship, and empowering our community through multicultural diversity and ethical practices. ITU is an embodiment of our motto, “Global Development Through Silicon Valley Education.”
The purpose of ITU is to foster excellence in education for students particularly interested in the hi-tech entrepreneurial field. All our programs have an applied nature with emphasis on a few specialty areas tailored to the market needs of Silicon Valley companies. Students are actively encouraged to affiliate or intern with relevant local industry firms from the very beginning of their academic studies as an integral part of ITU’s academic pedagogy. The institutional outcomes of ITU are to ensure the following:
- Relevant internships integrated into academic programs from the beginning of a student’s tenure
- A special focus on practical engineering, business, biotech, and media arts research projects
- Programs and courses designed to support full and part-time students
- Courses created at the speed of newly developing Silicon Valley technological innovations
- Systemically designed, competency-based courses that utilize innovative instructional methods
- Public speaking and technical writing proficiency as integral to degree requirements
- Curriculum emphasizing environmental protection technologies
- An Advisory Board consisting of Silicon Valley industry leaders that shapes the nature and content of ITU’s programs
- An international exchange of students
The institutional outcomes of International Technological University are designed to assure the following:
- Close linkages between ITU’s offerings and the current needs and technologies of industry through active involvement with Silicon Valley leaders.
- Courses are created at the speed of technological innovation in the Silicon Valley with special emphasis on strong application for students to achieve competency in their respective fields of study.
- Proficiency in public speaking, technical writing, and critical thinking are integral parts of degree requirements.
- That the curriculum emphasizes technologies and studies pertaining to sustainability and environmental protection.
- Promotion of international exchange of scholars and students from locations around the globe.